Virtual Conference Guideline
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE INSTRUCTION
International Conference on Social Science, Humanity and Public Health (ICoSHIP) 2020 is held online or virtual. All presentations must be recorded in advance (in video format) and sent to the following link :
During the virtual conference, presenter’s attendance is compulsory. Presenters are obliged to answer questions asked by other attendees after their recorded videos are played. Discussions in each session are moderated by a session leader.
Please note the following guidelines in preparing your presentation video:
Keynote Presentation (30 Minutes):
- Duration of Recorded Presentation (video) = 20 Minutes
- Question and Answer = 10 Minutes
Paper presentation (15 Minutes):
- Duration of Recorded Presentation (video) = 10 Minutes
- Question and Answer = 5 minutes
- Provisions for naming your presentation videos: "paper-id_presenter's-last-name", MPEG-4 file format (.mp4), HD video size (1280 x 720 or '720p' settings). Before sending, please check the quality and clarity of the audio..
ICoSHIP 2020 is held in the form of a virtual conference using the Zoom Application. Each session consists of 1 host, 1 moderator (for keynote speech) or Session Leaders (for paper presentations), presenters, and attendees. The host is in charge of facilitating the technology used. The moderator or session leader is responsible for coordinating each session and fasilitating the question and answer session.
All meeting Ids, passwords, and technical meeting schedule are sent to attendee’s emails. Meeting IDs are also uploaded on the ICoSHIP 2020 webpage. Attendees can join the parallel sessionsspecified by the committee. If an attendee joins before the session begins, he/she must wait until the moderator/session leader opens the session.
DURING THE SESSION
- The moderator or Session Leader deactivates all attendee’s microphone during the video presentation (duration limit of the video playback is 10 minutes) and continues the question and answer session for 5 minutes.
- During the question and answer session, other attendees can ask questions. All attendees must obtain permission from the moderator if they need to leave the session.
- Attendees are allowed to take a break but need to make sure the Zoom application remains active and the microphone is off (muted)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATTENDEES
- You are permitted to join any session that you are interested in by using the link provided on the web page of ICoSHIP 2020. Please note whether the room you are interested to join has reached its maximum capacity limit or not.
- As the Organizing Committee, we ensure the smoothness and productivity of the virtual conference.
After the video of the presentation finishes , there is a brief question and answer session moderated by the Moderator or Session Leader.
During the question and answer session, the Moderator or Session Leader offers attendees of the session to ask questions and select the questions. Due to time constraints, we understand that not all of the questions can be addressed. The Session Leader makes sure that all questions are completely addressed.
- The Organizing Committee may mute the attendee’s microphone if needed.(Please understand the limited time/duration in the question and answer session. Attendees can discuss with the author/presenter offline).
- You are not allowed to introduce yourself when you join or leave a session.
PAPER PRESENTATION SESSION STRUCTURE
- 10 minutes before the scheduled session: Host starts the session using the Zoom application
- 2 minutes before the scheduled session: Host starts recording
- 1 minute before the scheduled session: Session Leader opens the session
- Opening of the scheduled session: Moderator or Session Leader introduces presenters. The presenters present their materials using the video recordings sent to the committee and the Moderator start the question and session.
- End of the scheduled session: Session Leader draws conclusions from each session and check the attendance and then Host ends the session.